Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there, most specifically my mom Laurie and my mother-in-law, LeAnne.
I never truly understood the depth of your love or sacrifice until I too joined the mother's club.
Thank you for all the thankless moments when you were consumed with worry over your children.
Thank you for all the thankless moments when you worked behind the scenes to make everything run perfectly.
Thank you for all the thankless moments when you could have said, "what about me" and in turn you went without so your children could have more.
Thank you for all the thankless moments of prayer.
Thank you for all the thankless moments because they outnumber the stars.
1. 1 year ago I was.... married for just over a year (to the man of my dreams). We had just moved to Atlanta to pursue our careers and we were living in an apartment. I was planning for and looking forward to our family vacation in Aruba.
2. 5 years ago I was.... living in Memphis and had finished up one year of law school before decided to go into advertising (my true passion). I worked part-time at Ann Taylor and I spent most of my free-time socializing with my friends and <K>. We went out most nights and really enjoyed all the amenities the city had to offer.
3. 10 years ago I was....graduating from high school. I was so excited and nervous about taking the next step in my life and moving to a new state where I knew no one. I was very passionate about soccer and was so excited to be offered a scholarship to play in college. I was coming off of a serious knee injury and I trained everyday to recover quickly so I could play as a freshman.
4. 1 year from now I'll be…a mother, a wife, a sister, daughter, and friend. The one thing I've learned is that the future is so uncertain. I never imagined I'd be where I am today one, five or ten years ago. So while I'd like to be thinking of baby #2 a year from now, I know that God has a much better plan for me and I'm his instrument and prefer divine his plan to my own.
5. 5 years from now I'll be doing…. see answer above, I have no idea. I would like to have progressed in my career and traveled at least a once out of the country with my husband. I'd like to plan a trip to Disney with my little one(s).
6. 10 years from now I'll be doing… probably whatever my child(ren) are involved in. I'm thinking PTA meetings, swim team events, art classes, music concerts, and of course, soccer practice.
Join the linkup next week. Here are the questions:
1. What is your favorite kind of surprise?
2. Flowers or Chocolate?
3. What is your favorite summertime activity?
4. Do you have any vacations planned this Summer?
5. Favorite Summer Holiday?
6. Dream Vacation?