- Bad traffic is inevitable. It will take an hour to go 10 miles so just plan on it. If it's 2 a.m. on a Thursday morning there will be traffic. Easter Sunday, yep, you'll likely be late for church. And I only know this from experience.
- You can get away with almost any traffic sin by simply avoiding eye contact. Go ahead and cut off the car next to you or disregard the yield sign, as long as you don't make eye contact all traffic sins will be forgiven.
- Atlanta is a city full of transplants from other states. So it seems like no one took the same driving test, so my meaning of a yellow light is completely different than the little Honda Civic next me - you've been warned.
- Whatever you're doing is never as important as the car next to you - even if you're in labor and driving yourself to the hospital at 2 a.m. (yep, I know this from experience too). And just to make everyone's life a little easier just get out of the way so they can all pass, or maybe just don't drive at all.
- When there are clear traffic signs saying that a lane is ending, you're either one of two types of drivers:
- You will patiently wait your turn in the slow lane or you merge into the slow lane at the first sign indicating the lane is ending.
- You ride in the dead-end lane until the very last second and then squeeze your way in front of an 18 wheeler or extra-slow soccer mom to cut off the hundreds of patiently-waiting drivers who just haven't learned any better. And as long as you don't make eye contact with the person you cut off everything is fine right?
- If you find that you're more similar to the type of driver in scenario #1, you're likely just visiting the city and don't know any better yet, we all eventually become more like driver #2, just give in now.
- After driving in Atlanta for a week and you'll feel like you're ready for a NASCAR race.
- Somehow we all have our own moral set of traffic rules in our head. The problem is everyone's rules are different.
Also, if any of you are interested in joining the Influenster network, please let me know. It's a great way to sample products you already know and love and try a couple new ones. You don't have to be a blogger to join.